Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange distributed scan/probe activity

From: Rich Puhek <rpuhek () ETNSYSTEMS COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:02:02 -0500

Thanks for the tip... Yep, that's pretty much what it looks like. I was
beginning to wonder about this list... I got a couple of not too
informative replys, about a half a dozen "I'm out of the office
until..." messages, and that was about it until now.

If I get a chance, I'll try running the scan on a testbed network and
see if I get the same log results...

--Rich

Fredrik Ostergren wrote:

Hi!
Well, phrack released a article about "coding distributed
port scanning tools". Source code was part of the article
and I assume they are using that version. There haven't
been any released applications like this, however, that
phrack article is the only application/article I've seen
about such portscans. One article about the subject is at :
http://phrack.infonexus.com/search.phtml?view&article=p55-
9. The application is at :
http://phrack.infonexus.com/search.phtml?view&article=p56-
12. Atleast that's what I think ;). Enjoy!

/ Fredrik.

--

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.