Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Automated SSH scanning

From: David Goldsmith <dave.goldsmith () INTELSAT INT>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:19:22 -0400

According to the last paragraph on the page you reference, they are willing
to exclude netblocks:

"If you truly have a problem with this machine sampling your hosts, please
filter traffic originating from ssh-research-scanner.ucs.ualberta.ca
(129.128.8.230) Alternatively, if you are unable to filter the traffic to
your net originating from this host, please email a list of your network
blocks to exclude () ssh-research-scanner ucs ualberta ca. We will add your
networks to an exclusion list of addresses that will not be examined, and
e-mail you back a confirmation of this."

R/S

Dave Goldsmith