Security Incidents mailing list archives

[Fwd: ssh-research-scanner.ucs.ualberta.ca]

From: John Kristoff <jtk () DEPAUL EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:37:04 -0500

Received this.  Note the web page has been updated with an opt out email
address.  For the others who responded to my initial post... I believe
the group at Alberta to be legitimate, but the probing of questionable
value.

John

Bob Beck wrote:

     Someone forwarded to me:

http://ssh-research-scanner.ucs.ualberta.ca/

Although it would be nice if *they* filtered the netblocks people didn't
want scanned rather than placing the burden on the sites they are scanning.

      Hi,

      Actually, we do, if you ask. Check the web page. If it's a burden
to you, Just mail the netblocks to the address there.

      -Bob