Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Korea (was Re:?)

From: hcjung () CERTCC OR KR (HyunCheol, Jeong)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:44:31 +0900

Hi,

I'm a member of CERTCC-KR.

The Korea Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination
Center(CERTCC-KR) is the incident response and coordination center
chartered to handle all Korean related computer security incidents. As
CERTCC-KR became a member of FIRST in January of 1998, CERTCC-KR will
work hard to cooperate with international organizations.

First, Sorry for this incident.

We investigated the host under admin's permission, and find that this
host was comprimised by someone from foreign site.
We advised the administrator how to secure the site so that there will
be no more attacking attempt from this host.

CERTCC-KR receive reports of security incidents from organizations in
Korea and overseas CERTs so that it can respond to incidents. Every
reported incident is given a registration number which is used for
recognition of the incident. Both incident and registration number are
stored in the Incident Response Assistance System. In cooperation with
system administarators of damaged systems, we analyze system logs and
find out the reason for damage.

If there are some security incidents related Korea, please report us it.

E-mail: cert () certcc or kr
Tel: +82-2-3488-4119
Fax: +82-2-3488-4129
PGP Public Key : http://www.certcc.or.kr/teampub.txt
 ¡Ø Business Hours (Mon to Sat 6 Days a Week)

Best Regards,

HyunCheol Jeong(CERTCC-KR)

--

HyunCheol Jeong              Staff of CERTCC-KR/KISA,
hcjung () certcc or kr