Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: probes for port 27374 (ASP)?

From: Guillaume Filion <gfk () LOGIDAC COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:15:24 -0500

Hi Omar,

I received one too the other day:
Dec 10 00:45:12 cesam kernel: Packet log: input DENY eth1 PROTO=6
x.y.35.152:2272 x.y.47.52:27374 L=48 S=0x00 I=16663 F=0x4000 T=121
SYN (#2)

I'm pretty sure it's for SubSeven:
---
Port 27374

(TCP) This is one of the most commonly probed ports on the Internet
right now, due to its inclusion within the SubSeven Trojan. The
reason it is so sommon is that SubSeven provides the ability to tell
a compromised system to scan on its behalf. This allows cr/hackers to
scan with impunity.

Ref: <http://advice.networkice.com/Advice/Exploits/Ports/27374/default.htm>
---

Best,