Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Assistance on these ports ranges ??

From: Talisker <Talisker () NETWORKINTRUSION CO UK>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:11:29 +0100

James

More info needed, I take you are being scanned on these ports, if so is it
just these or are there more.  Anyway here's what I found, there's not much.
:o)

There's some info here, it's an RMON id document from the RMON MIB working
group, look for cisco-fna  PROTOCOL-IDENTIFIER
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99mar/I-D/draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-00
.txt

There may a clue to malicious intent in this guide to harmless hacking.
they may just be probing for routers or specifically cisco routers
http://www.antionline.com/archives/text/gtmhh/vol3.html

Take Care

Andy

www.networkintrusion.co.uk
                    '''
                 (0 0)
  | The geek shall        |
  |  Inherit the earth     |
               |__|__|
                  || ||
              ooO Ooo

The opinions contained within this transmission are entirely my own, and do
not necessarily reflect those of my employer.