Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Dumb ISP of the week

From: UnixGeek <ed () XWING CENTIGRAM COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:24:44 -0700

Oh don't even get me started on Pac Bell.  I've been getting massive
telnet and imap scans from one of their IP's (63.203.107.5), which appears
to be a Linux box(and probably a rooted one).  Think Pac Bell/SBC has even
looked at my email yet?  [keeping in mind the fact that I get my
'enhanced' DSL from PB/SBC as well]

uGh....

                            Edward Mitchell
        Centigram Unix Geek, BOfH, Network Admin, Darth Sysadmin
                         ed () xwing centigram com
                      http://www.the7thbeer.com/ed
                          Sheepish Lord of Chaos
"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to using
Windows NT for mission-critical applications."
     -- What Yoda *meant* to say