Security Incidents mailing list archives

Scans on Port 98 (linuxconf)

From: cjc () SCITEC COM (Crist J. Clark)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:25:50 -0400

[Sorry if this has been mentioned in the last day or two, I only had
archive access to incidents before Apr 01.]

We have been hit with port 98 scans from hosts 216.6.21.33 and
216.5.194.100 (na.sdn.net.za) in the last few hours.

I can understand why 98, linuxconf, might be of some interest, but I
did not find any known exploits to linuxconf at
www.securityfocus.com. Are there any? For which specific Linux dists?
Such high interest in 98 in such a short time a coincidence?

Thanks for any help.

--
Crist J. Clark                              cjc () scitec com
SciTec, Inc                             (609)921-3892 x252