Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Tools to analyze "captured" binaries? -Reply

From: xm () GEEKMAFIA DYNIP COM (Ex Machina)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:58:41 -0400

The "Kickers of ELF" tarball from LinuxAssembly.org has some tools handy
for analyzing binaries.

[snip, snip]

     * elfls: a utility that displays an ELF file's program and/or
       section header tables, which serve as a kind of global roadmap to
       the file's contents.

     * elftoc: a program that takes an ELF file and generates C code that
       defines a structure with the same memory image, using the
       structures and preprocessor symbols defined in <linux/elf.h>.

[snip, snip]

Handy, eh?

Ex Machina (xm () geekmafia dynip com)    http://geekmafia.dynip.com/~xm/
phone:  1-877-LPT-WHIP         icq:  3387005           aim:  ExMachina
GnuPG Keyprint:     0627 C3A8 DE25 F7FB 46BD  4870 2006 CF7F EBDA 949D