Honeypots mailing list archives

Fwd: regarding setup of a honeypot in restricted environment

From: dharm <dharm910 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:41:27 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dharm <dharm910 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: regarding setup of a honeypot in restricted environment
To: Jesper Jurcenoks <jesper.jurcenoks () netvigilance com>
Cc: "Bhatnagar, Mayank" <mbhatnagar () ipolicynetworks com>,
"honeypots () securityfocus com" <honeypots () securityfocus com>

Hello mayank ,
                     According to my understanding the scenario which
you are assuming need to have access to DSL or to the Proxy so that
the external traffic can be forwarded to the internal address.
OR if you dont have the access to the proxy or dsl router , in this
case  you can try

1.MAC spoofing of the Public Interface ( so that outgoing traffic can
be captured )
2.Dynamic IP address wont make any difference as once compromised it
will be traced by the attacker for further move .
3. In case you still feel to have a honeypot having public interface ,
then you really have to ask ISP to give you a static one.

Regards
Dharm Dhwaj Singh

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Jesper Jurcenoks