Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Stealth VM

From: "Earl" <esammons () hush com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:38:01 -0500

Had a conversation about this at lunch today where I informed
someone that the joke about "Security by the obscurity of running
in a VM" days are likely either already over or about to be over.

Anyone have any stats or even an educated guess about whether or
not bad guys still care if they are in a virtualized env before
they take a box?

Earl

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 07:19:07 -0500 Javier Fernandez-Sanguino