Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Honeypot books

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:37:18 -0500

If you're interested in Microsoft Windows and Windows Honeypots you can
always try my book, Honeypots for Windows
(http://www.amazon.com/Honeypots-Windows-Experts-Voice-Grimes/dp/1590593
359). The first few chapters cover honeypots in general, including how
to set them up on a network to work correctly...I think the best that
any of the books covers. The middle chapters cover various Windows
honeypots, and the latter chapters cover Monitoring, Logging, and
Forensics (of Windows-based honeypots). But all of the available
Honeypot books are good.

Roger

*Roger A. Grimes, InfoWorld, Security Columnist
*CPA, CISSP, CISA, MCSE: Security (2000/2003), CEH, yada...yada...
*email: roger_grimes () infoworld com or roger () banneretcs com
*Author of Windows Vista Security: Securing Vista Against Malicious
Attacks (Wiley)
*http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Vista-Security-Securing-Malicious/dp/0470
101555