Honeypots mailing list archives

Announcing new KYE paper: Behind the Scenes of Malicious Web Servers

From: Christian.Seifert () gmail com
Date: 7 Nov 2007 15:50:16 -0000

The Honeynet Project is excited to announce the release of a new paper of our Know Your Enemy series, KYE: Behind the
Scenes of Malicious Web Servers. In this paper, we increase our understanding of malicious web servers through analysis
of several web exploitation kits that have appeared in 2006/07: WebAttacker, MPack, and IcePack. Our discoveries will
necessitate adjustments on how we think about malicious web servers and will have direct implications on client
honeypot technology and future studies.

You can learn more at:
  KYE: Behind the Scenes of Malicious Web Servers
  http://www.honeynet.org/papers/wek/

Christian