Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: real ip with honeyd

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:48:42 -0400

If ou don't use Arpd, which will respond to the requests for the virtual IP addresses, then you have to configure a
router to get the requests to the fake IP addresses to the host machine.

Roger

*Roger A. Grimes, InfoWorld, Security Columnist
*CPA, CISSP, CISA, MCSE: Security (2000/2003), CEH, yada...yada...
*email: roger_grimes () infoworld com or roger () banneretcs com
*Author of Windows Vista Security: Securing Vista Against Malicious Attacks (Wiley)
*http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Vista-Security-Securing-Malicious/dp/0470101555