Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: smallpot honeypot

From: "Chenghuai Lu" <luchenghuai () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 21:21:57 -0800

I see. No wonder I cannot found the source code. Thanks a lot.

On 12/1/06, Nelson Williams <ngamazo () segurmatica cu> wrote:
Hello Lu

The Smallpot project is proprietary of Kaspersky. There is no source code.

Check this links.

Internet Attacks 2005
http://www.viruslist.com/en/analysis?pubid=180265451

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1662
Smallpot: Tracking the Slapper and Scalper Unix Worms

Open source alternatives are Nepenthes and honeynet.org.

Nelson