Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeynet as a virtual appliance

From: David Watson <david () honeynet org uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:30:48 +0000

George,

See also Honeystick:

http://www.ukhoneynet.org/honeystick.htm

We`ll be releasing an updated version next month, this time including a
 full downloadable virtual honeynet image (base platform, Roo v1.1
honeywall, honeypot and attack host) for a 4GB USB keyfob, using either
VMWare or Zen for virtualisation.

Thanks,

David

Hugo Francisco González Robledo wrote:
Hi,

There is a previos work on it. The German Honeynet Project presents a
paper called "Design and Implementation of the Honey-DVD", that does
this things, but i don't know if they are distributing the image. Maybe
contact Thorsten for more information about it.

In the other hand, in the Mexican Honeynet Project we are designing
something like that, but it is unaviable yet, maybe for next year it
could be finished.

I think it could be the next step on the honeynet deployments.

Hugo.