Honeypots mailing list archives

Doubt regarding Honeywall

From: "mng3 () libero it" <mng3 () libero it>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:46:12 +0200

Hi all,
I'm configuring a little honeynet: the Honeywall and one honeypot running WinXP Pro SP2.
I have deployed the honeynet in my LAN, so the honeypot is in the same subnet of my production system.

My doubt is the following: the Walleye web interface, in the "Top 10 Honeypots" section show not only honeypot's IP
address, but also IP address of some production systems.

Moreover, when I examine the connection tracked by Honeywall, I see also connections between system that are NOT the
honeypot.

Is this behaviour normal?
The Honeywall are working fine?

thanks

Salva ora il tuo preventivo Direct Line e assicurati lo sconto extra 5+5% sulla polizza auto entro il 31 Ottobre!
http://click.libero.it/directline4