Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: remote mysql login

From: Siim Põder <siim.poder_1398 () eesti ee>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:55:04 +0300

Hi.

On 10.07.2006 15:33, davidhawksuk () yahoo co uk wrote:
I would like to log into the walleye database remotely to extract its data.
When checking if the mysql port (3306) is open with nmap it sayes the port is filtered. If I then allow the port by
adding it to the list of allowed TCP ports Nmap syaes the port is closed.

How do I open the port so I can connect to the db remotely?

Most propably your mysql server does not open listening network sockets.
Check the config file for skip-networking or bind-address and fix them
so that it would not skip networking and would bind to an accessible
address.

--
Siim Põder

"What the hell", he thought, "you're only young once", and threw himself
out of the window. That would at least keep the element of surprise on
his side.
        -- Douglas Adams