Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeypots Digest 5 Jul 2006 18:33:45 -0000 Issue 691

From: Yannis Corovesis <ycor () epmhs gr>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:07:28 +0300

George,

sebek does not decrypt, ssh communication has an encrypt step, a transfer step and then a decrypt step otherwise the remote operating system would not understand commands like cp, ps, mv ...that
you  sent via ssh.

sebek  snaps the data stream after decryption has occurred.

yannis

George wrote:

How you will intercept  the crypted traffic from ssh? Is sebek so
powerful to decrypt ssh? There is a honeypot that act as a ssh server
but also write somewhere decrypted? You will make a forensics analyse?

Thanks in advice,

George