Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: One IP Address

From: Augusto Cezar Amaral <augusto.cezar () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:49:30 -0300

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 20:21 +0000, davidhawksuk () yahoo co uk wrote:
Hi There,

Setting up my first virtual honeynet (using VMware and roo) has been painfully slow, mainly because of my ISP.

Here is the problem.

My internet connection has a static IP and I had placed an order for a block of IP address which I was to assign to
each of the machines in the net. I have now found (after a month of chasing) that they cannot assign them because of
the package Im on. (Budgetary and time constraints mean I cant change ISP right now).

My questions is if I have the following setup

Internet -> router -> DMZ ->Honeywall -> Honeypots

               Production network

Are my honeypots going to be seen from outside? and am I likely to receive any traffic?

If they will not what is the best configuration using the one IP address I have?

Your "Production network" should not be connected to your DMZ.

--
Augusto Cezar Amaral da C Silva
F7D9 40E6 0011 A6A9 639A  014E 62F7 B0FA C14B 0D93