Honeypots mailing list archives

Walleye and keylog data extraction

From: omarmdx () yahoo co uk
Date: 1 May 2006 20:51:25 -0000

Hi All,

I installed Sebek in a windows XP box, I tried to test the key logging capabilities of sebek by doing the following:

1- Opened a wordpad and typed some dummy data
2- Did the same thing with notepad
3- logged in into a yahoo mail account and typed user name and password

Unfortunately when I try to view the collected data in walleye, I couldn't spot anything related to the supposed
keylogged data. I'm just getting various TCP, UDP, and http connections.

Could any one if:
a- It's possible to get the keylogged data?
b- if yes then how and where

The version of Sebek I'm using is 3.0.4

Thanks in advance
Omar