Honeypots mailing list archives

One IP Address

From: davidhawksuk () yahoo co uk
Date: 30 Jun 2006 20:21:48 -0000

Hi There,

Setting up my first virtual honeynet (using VMware and roo) has been painfully slow, mainly because of my ISP….

Here is the problem.

My internet connection has a static IP and I had placed an order for a block of IP address which I was to assign to
each of the machines in the net. I have now found (after a month of chasing) that they cannot assign them because of
the package I’m on. (Budgetary and time constraints mean I can’t change ISP right now).

My questions is if I have the following setup

Internet -> router -> DMZ ->Honeywall -> Honeypots

               Production network

Are my honeypots going to be seen from outside? and am I likely to receive any traffic?

If they will not what is the best configuration using the one IP address I have?

Thanks in advance

/ David