Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: HELP vmware hpots

From: Zapatisthack <zapatisthack () yahoo it>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:04:53 +0100 (CET)

Hey I've just seen your reply,

I will have a look allthough i think i know the first
link already :-)

I'll le tyou know how it turns out.

I am experiencing the problem recursively now..

Everytime i re-install the hwall all works fine with
fresh install.

as Soon as i yum update  the hwall all goes tits up!
:-(

I am not sure how but snort seems to not start anymore
and inline too..

SOme error about unicode.map ..

Any idea why this happends?

I get 400 bad request on the honeypots after a few
minutes the hwall is active .. sopme hack?

let me know what you think

PAtrick
--- Tiago Pedrosa <riftman () gmail com> ha scritto:

Hi

I have a link that talks about vm and honeypot:

http://www.seifried.org/security/ids/20020107-honeypot-vmware-basics.html

This other refers to Enabling a Virtual Adapter to
Use Promiscuous
Mode

,http://www.vmware.com/support/esx21/doc/esx21admin_virtualadapter.html

I hope that stuff helps you

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:18:20 +0100 (CET)
Zapatisthack
<zapatisthack () yahoo it> wrote:

Hi All,

I have been running honeywall in a small test
network
(through ADSL) for a while and all seemed to be
working fine up to a wekk or so ago.

My honeypots are running on a box (to eth1 of the
hwall)

there are some xp hpots and a fedora core 4 hpots
running nepenthes and mwcollect sensors)

It looks like the hpots have no access to the
outside
world at all anymore.

I am not sure how the vm adapter for the bridged
network on the host box is not routing traffic
correctly.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to enable
correct
routing and networking on the honeypots running on
vmware ?

Thanks in advance

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice: chiama da PC a
telefono a tariffe
esclusive http://it.messenger.yahoo.com