Honeypots mailing list archives

Need help on Droprate In, GID and UID

From: dcneting <dcneting () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

1. I want to use DROPRATE IN for all my windows Honeyd
templates(currently Im using Honeyd for windows). The
thing that Im confused right now is, when to decide
whether I want to put 0.05, 0.05 or 0.005. I have 3
level of network traffic to choose for my templates;

Level 1: busy
Level 2: more busy
Level 3: most busy

which number of the above suits the levels..?

2. How to set the GID and UID for a windows template?
Is there any conditions for setting it in such value?

eg: UID 20208 GID 13876

Can I just set random numbers between 1-20000 for
both? Does it has meanings? I couldnt find any details
about GID,UID setting for windows template..

Thanks in advance.

http://mail.yahoo.com