Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Bridge Mode Fails with border router using NAT

From: Patrick McCarty <mccartyp () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:28:13 -0700

Hi George,

The Honeywall should be bridging regardless of external routers or NAT.

I'm not quite certain what your setup looks like with the NAT, but a
good test would be to try putting your honeypot on the "internet" side
of the Roo honeywall.

If you still cannot access the internet, there is something wrong with
your border router. If you can at that point get out, there is
probably some misconfiguration of the Roo.

-- patrick