Honeypots mailing list archives

NAT on Roo

From: "George Grachis" <ggrachis () sigovs com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:34:58 -0400

Hello everyone, I just installed the latest ROO CD, Things are working fine with it and a Red Hat Server. I'M testing with a Static Internet routable IP.

I have the Honeywall in Bridge Mode, I tried to get it to function in NAT mode and get Error: SIOCSIF NETMASK, ADDR, and BROADCAST, Unable to assign Address.

IP Tables, Unknown Argument to source. I believe it also mentioned DNAT.

I need to leave my ISP router as is, without NAT on it for other testing. Does anyone know how to get the Honeywall to work with NAT.?

Thanks in Advance

George Grachis
Network Engineer
SI Government Solutions
CISSP, CCNA, MCP ********* Internet Email Confidentiality Statement *********

The information contained in this electronic communication, and any electronic attachment(s), is CONFIDENTIAL. It is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any release of information or distribution of this communication is prohibited by law.

If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender via reply email and delete this communication.