Honeypots mailing list archives

Tool release: logalert

From: Gabriel Armbrust Araujo <gabriel.araujo () icaro com br>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:38:30 -0300

        hi all,

        I'm releasing a logfile monitoring tool called 'logalert' which
executes a specific action whenever it matches a pattern [regex], much like the swatch perl script. Should be good enough to take action on predefined patterns in honeypots. I wrote it to personal use to monitor some system files and worked well, so ... well here it is. :-)

        http://logalert.sourceforge.net/

It's written in C and currently tested on linux and solaris 8 but in process on porting for other plataforms.

        More info:

        http://logalert.sourceforge.net/doc.html

I would very much appreciate any feedback [suggestions, bugs, ...] you would give me - please write to my personal email.

        Thanks in advance!

--
Gabriel Armbrust Araujo