Honeypots mailing list archives

honeyd is unstable

From: Andreas Rittershofer <andreas () rittershofer de>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:57:04 +0200

I tested my honeypot in a LAN and had some problems, which were
reproducable:

- When I run Nessus from another machine, the honeypot machine
completeley hungs up, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, but every
time. The only way to continue is to switch of the machine and switch in
on again.

- nmap -sS -O against my honeypot kills honeyd with a
"Speicherzugriffsfehler" on every simulated Win98-machine and while
trying port 1. Without -O there a no problems.

- Making a traceroute to some simulated hosts on my honeypot honeyd dies
most times.

mfg ar
--
E-Learning in der Schule: