Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: which part of dynamic honeypot that needs 'intelligent'?

From: "Randy" <randy.bachman () west-point org>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:26:40 -0400

I'm flushing out details for implementation and response plans for a highly interactive honeynet on the part of the admin...haven't come up with a term that fully grasps where I want to go with this yet. honey TRAP comes to mind, since I do want to continually make things not work for the intruder after I get them interested and show initial success.

I'm also doing the certification and accreditation documentation for this now

I'd say the intelligent part would be masking images or networks that look like what the attackers is trying to go for...it would also have the type of information he was looking for

Randy
----- Original Message ----- From: "dcneting" <dcneting () yahoo com>