Honeypots mailing list archives

ARP responding honey pot to any unused ip address

From: mohsin saleem <mohsinsaleem36 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

hi!!
we are a group of friends working to implement honeyD for windows, or u can say trying to port it to windows.
though we know it has been recently ported to windows, but we started this work couple of months ago, so
not gonna leave this project now:)
I have found some bug in it, as i discuss it :
a hacker tries to find around 50 IP address in a network
honeyD finds them to be acvailable.
it acclaims them and starts commyunicating with hacker.
hacker tests them all for being win2k professional.
honey shows this nicely.
Now any hacker having a bit of common sense will start laughing:
50 IPs + having HOST OS as WIN2K + OFFERING 100% same services!!!
infact, 50 SERVERS OFFERING 100% SAME service ..OO MY GOD.. it never happens
he will laugh.
I dont know whether I'm right or wrong, please help me to ge things clear.
thanx
Mohsin Saleem
~*~ Elite Hacker from PAKISAN~*~