Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Snort inline Openbsd version

From: sandro zaccarini <guly () luv guly org>
Date: 1 Apr 2005 22:51:34 -0000

Snortsam simply adds Intrusion Prevention functionality to Snort. They do
not make versions of snort for specific operating systems.

If you want Snort inline then turn your OpenBSD box into a bridge, compile
snort, and configure snort. The Snort Website has some good documentation on
configuring Snort and there are a few good books available as well (Such as
Snort 2.1 published by Syngress).

I was looking for something that DROP malicius packets instantly, snortsam just add a rules *after* the packet
transmission. i'm playing with flexresp on an openbsd bridge, that should do what I (we?) want but it simply doesn't,
rule is matched but not dropped. i will work on that in the next days, I hope in my silly mistake..any advices are
welcome.

sandro