Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Very frustrated with Honeyd......

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:11:06 -0500

I'm not a Unix-guy, but here are some suggestions to start with:

1. Your honeyd emulation MUST use a different IP subnet address than the
host.
2. Your personality name referencing the nmaps.print file must have
exact syntax
3. Impossible SI range error messages are "normal" and don't mean it
isn't functioning. They can be fixed by manually fixing associated
nmap.prints file and modifying SI= parameter.
4. I don't see the other personalities/templates in your config file.

Roger

***
*Roger A. Grimes, Banneret Computer Security, Computer Security
Consultant
*CPA, CISSP, MCSE: Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), CEH, CHFI
*email: roger () banneretcs com
*cell: 757-615-3355
*Author of Malicious Mobile Code:  Virus Protection for Windows by
O'Reilly
*http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode
*Author of Honeypots for Windows (Apress)
*http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=281
****