Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Sebek-client module must be reinstalled after every shutdown??

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfernandez () germinus com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:36:27 +0100

Jason Schoenbrun wrote:

Thank you for all your help so far,

The other day my Sebek server was successfully logging all
read data from the Sebek client. Exciting!
But, when I restart the computer, (with the server still
monitoring the same port) the server never logs anything
beyond the previous shutdown system commands.
To get it to work again, I have to log back in to root on the
client and ./sbk_install.sh again.
Is that normal? (I assume not)

Yes, it is. Unless you add this to your system's init script in a way that will make it be loaded on startup or unless you setup and compile a kernel which includes Sebek in it (i.e. not loaded as a module).

Regards

Javier