Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Snort and Mysql for statistics purposes

From: sushant () umich edu
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:53:46 -0500

I have used PHP with jpgraph to get real time threat graphs. PHP is very easy to
use with MYSQL and jpgraph is a good graphic tool.
-Sushant.
Quoting David Jiménez Domínguez <djdsecurity () gmail com>:

Hi folks!

I need to graph all the traffic in my network (Top ports, Top src_ip,
Top attacks) each 5 minutes...In the DataServer I have intalled Mysql
and in the firewall I have installed snort-2.3.0 and I created just 4
rules to get all the tcp,udp,icmp and ip traffic in order to graph it
with perl and rrdtool and post it in a web page....

Do you think it is the best way to do that???
Have your ever done something like that?? What tools do you recommend me??

Regards

DJ