Honeypots mailing list archives

Beta testing new Honeywall CDROM

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:52:00 -0600

Folks,

The Honeynet Project has been working on a new version of the Honeywall CDROM called 'roo'. It has been redesigned from the ground up. We are expecting a public release this May. Before we release, we would like to conduct a public, two week beta testing period. We are looking for 10-15 volunteer individuals or organizations that are interested in both testing and providing feedback on the new Honeywall CDROM. Testing would be from 21 Mar - 03 Apr. Testing would include a formalized test plan and all feedback to our Bugzilla server. If you or your organization is interested, please let us know.

Thanks!

lance

New Features Include
 - Installs from CDROM to hard drive
 - Maintain with yum, up2date, or wget
 - Based on Fedora Core 3
 - Vastly improved hardware support
- New User Interface for real time data analysis (including Sebek integration)
 - New User Interface for administration and management
 - Simplified customization
 - Designed for large, distributed deployments
 - Hardened OS