Honeypots mailing list archives

Honeypot work and forensics final

From: "Gerry King" <GerryKing () cox net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:50:00 -0700

Need assistance in completing my forensics practical for SANS.   I need
someone to hack my Linux server honeypot so that I
can complete my practical.  I've had a RedHat box on the net for almost two
months.  I asked some of the folks I know to
break into my RedHat server.  Due to lack of interest, time or whatever,
they have gotten no further that scanning.

  This is not a setup of any kind. I am fairly desperate as my SANS
practical completion date is the first part of March. Anyone interested in
assisting should send an email to GerryKing () cox net  I will attempt to
provide any information that you feel is required to validate the request
and prove I'm not trying to setup anyone up.  I have installed a firewall to
limit outbound traffic, in an effort to prevent any unethical use of the
hacked RedHat Server.