Honeypots mailing list archives

Honeypots on windows

From: Ehsan Hosseini <amirehsan_h () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:50:18 -0800 (PST)

Dearest members,

Im in my last year of a degree in computer science and
like so many others I have decided to do my thesis on
Honeypots and more specifically “building a bootable
DVD-ROM” that you can kind of plug-n-play and deploy
your honeypots or honeynets.

Sort of like the Hoenywall CD already made but im
trying to see if its possible to do it on a particular
windows platform ,say for example windows 2000
professional.

The first question that comes to my mind is if its at
all possible to some how modify the windows Kernel or
even rap it up in something else but still leave it
functional.

Or if its even possible to extract the kernel from
windows or how would I go about getting the absolute
bare bone and minimum requirements that is needed to
have a functional windows operating system.

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated on this
issue.

Also if anyone has gone through the same as as my self
in the past and know of great sources of information
,I would truly appreciate their help in this.

Thanks in advance.

Ehsan Hosseini