Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honey VS Vinegar

From: Jeff Bryner <jbryner1 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:03:19 -0800 (PST)

I'm glad you asked about this.  I have had this on my mind all week
and began preparing these questions, etc.  So, here it goes...
AGGRESSIVE TACTICS FOR ATTRACTING MALICIOUS ACTIVITIES TO A HONEYPOT

FYI: I also had recent success with a honeypot that wasn't being
noticed by simply finding known attackers on mynetwatchman.com and
pinging them from the honeypot. The thought being that advanced black
hats would notice the ping in logs and investigate.

Feel free to name this activity whatever you want; I called it taunting
bullies. Other names that come to mind: GnatAttack(sm),
BullyBrigade(tm), insert your own here...

=====
Jeff
=====
President Bush has promised he's going to establish elections in Iraq,
he's going to rebuild the infrastructure and he's going to create jobs.
And he said if it works there, he'll try it here.
--David Letterman