Honeypots mailing list archives

The results of the last Honeynet SotM 32 have been published

From: "Siles, Raul" <raul.siles () hp com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:11:53 +0100

The results of the last Honeynet Project SotM 32 challenge have been released:

Last Friday, 29th of October, the results of the last Scan of the Month security challenge, number 32, were published.
The challenge goal was to analyze a new malware specimen, called "RaDa".

The 3 top winners were:
- Chris Eagle
- Kevin Wenchel
- Wim Koomen, Thijs, and Bas Bosschert

We hope you will enjoy your copy of the book, "Malware: Fighting Malicious Code" by Ed Skoudis.

All the information about this challenge, such as the "official" write-up and the reports sent by all the participants
can be found at http://www.honeynet.org/scans/scan32/.

Thanks everyone for their submissions and we hope you have enjoyed the contest!!

Regards,
Jorge, David and Raúl