Honeypots mailing list archives

honeywall management interface

From: "Lefti" <lefti_99 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:02:59 +0100

Hi all,

I am having trouble connecting to my management interface and I was hoping
you guys could help.
I am using the Honeynet Project's rc.firewall script and I have configured
eth2 as my management interface and set MANAGER="any".

The result is that I can ssh to the box from any machines on my LAN, but
cannot login remotely, from my university server for example.

My honeywall logs are showing the following:

martian source <honeywall_ip> from <my_university_ server_ip>, on dev
eth2...

I know its probably something silly but I cant see the problem!

Many thanks for your help,

Lefti