Honeypots mailing list archives

Error with honeyd win32

From: <kimyenlists () yahoo com>
Date: 29 Dec 2004 21:41:59 -0000

I have installed honeyd0.5a for win32 and installed winpcap 3.0 beta.  I have setup the config file and input this
command and receive the following output...

C:\honeyd-0.5a>honeyd -d -P -l C:\honeyd-0.5a\logs\honeyd.log -p C:\honeyd-0.5a\nmap.prints -f
C:\honeyd-0.5a\honeyd.conf
honeyd-win32: Unable to query adapter \Device\NPF_GenericNdisWanAdapter for MAC Address. Error Code: 0

I am using XP Pro with SP2.  I have searched google and the archive of this list but cannot find any information on
this error.  Any help would be much appreciated.