Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Protocol accounting analysis program?

From: dave <update () dsrtech com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:08:09 -0500

Try this, works well for me.

http://ipaudit.sourceforge.net/ipaudit-web/

James Riden wrote:

Rock Lobster <rocklobster () cheerful com> writes:

Hi,

Whats everyone out there using to account for the amount of traffic different protocols are generating?

I just can't seem to find an application (linux or windows) that will do the trick.   I can find plenty of applications
that will let me know the quantity of traffic that is ultimately flowing in and out of my interfaces, but I want something
that lets me know how much traffic http, ftp, irc, rpc, or whatever I flag generates.

Preferably somethinng I can monitor through http too :)

I've checked freshmeat, deja/google etc relentlessly.

I second 'ntop' - definitely worth checking out. Nice interface
accessible via https.

PS. Your email address seems to be bouncing.

cheers,
Jamie