Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeyd config question

From: Niels Provos <provos () citi umich edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:13:17 -0400

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:10:42PM -0700, Earl wrote:
This may sound dumb but is there a way to run a scrip
on everything that hits a particular honeypot...

Something like this:

create mytemplate
set mytemplate personality "BeOS 4 - 4.5"
set mytemplate default tcp action reset
set mytemplate default udp action reset
set mytemplate default icmp action reset
add mytemplate tcp port * "sh /scripts/blah.sh"
add mytemplate udp port * "sh /scripts/blah.sh"
bind w.x.y.z mytemplate

Niels' syntax checking aborts when I try the above and
I've tried everyting else I can think of to no avail.

There is no such thing as * for a port.  You can specify a script
as the default action for a protocol.

Niels.