Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Openbsd firewall

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy <adulau () foo be>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:23:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, joe smith wrote:

I currently testing an openbsd gateway/firewall for my honeypot setup.
I'm limiting the amount of bandwidth for each honey pot.  Does anyone
know why I can not set it below 5.6 kilobits?

I think  you already got a  reply regarding ALTQ but  this not trivial
due to  the various type  of queueuing and  the inner working  of ALTQ
too.

Another  approach  that   can  work  for  Honeynets  is   to  use  the
max-src-states, max-src-nodes and max. Check stateful tracking options
in pf.conf(5).

Hope this helps,

adulau

--