Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: ODP: No reverse routing map for 10.0.0.100

From: Mariusz Burdach <mariuszburdach () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I suggest looking at the great paper of “Simulating
Networks with Honeyd”. You can find there a lot of
examples.
As I wrote in my previous mail you have to add the
entry to a route cache table (command: route add
default gw 10.0.0.100) on a host from which you are
going to ping some virtual machines.
10.0.0.100/32 means that this host (10.0.0.100) is
directly reachable and does not require hops.
My another advice is checking if an arpd deamon

Best regards,
Mariusz Burdach

--
HI Mariusz Burdach,

  I have read the following email and also tried the
suggestion from you. Now I can ping the router.
However, I can't ping virtual machines under network
10.0.1.0/24.
  I have set the personality of IP 10.0.1.100 to
window. When I ping it, it is out of respond. Could
you tell me what's wrong? One more question what is
the meaning of 10.0.0.100/32?
  Thanks a lot!

Best,
Fred