Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Error in Honeyd 0.8b

From: Bug Ant <bugant () rootshell be>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:54:51 +0200

Malek Sraj wrote:
Hi,

We are working on the dynamic honeypot project and we are about to have something finished, but... We have been experiencing an error whenever we try to bind an IP to a template that has a MAC address set to it, the error is /##Template "template" is configured with an ethernet address but there is no interface that can reach 192.168.196.5##/
or any other IP.

Can you give us more information, such as a part of your configuration
file? The message semms to say that the IP address specified cannot be
reach... so may be you're wrong with something routing stuff (may be).

Cheers,
bugant.