Honeypots mailing list archives

Know Your Enemy:Honenets in Universites

From: John Levine <levine () ece gatech edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:16:48 -0400 (EDT)

To all,
  We would like to announce the publication of Honeynets in Universities
paper as part of the Know Your Enemies series.  this paper is based on our
two years of experience in running a honeynet at a major academic research
institute in the Southeastern United States.  We have found the honeynet to
be very beneficial as both a research tool as well as a tool to help
secure  the campus network.  The paper addresses all of the necessary
steps to establish and maintain a honeynet in this environment and is
available at the following link:  http://www.honeynet.org/papers/edu/

John Levine, Ph.D.
Georgia Institute of Technology