Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Max OSX honeypot

From: roman.kunz () juliusbaer com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:11:49 +0200

try honeypotX (i think 2.5 is the actuall release). this software is
created for osX.
the software is made dummy friendly (with nice GUI for the mac users).

----<about>----
Honey Pot X is a new network security program. Nowadays, network security
is compromised by trojans and spyware. Both inspired by MacPork and Lamer
Finder, Honey Pot X checks for remote connection to your computer.
Moreover, it's able to give you the attackers' IP address and keeps your
connection alive. For your convenience, all functions are nicely described
and documented in the application.
----</about>----

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2Bdownload+%2BhoneypotX
or
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11462

cheers
--r
Has anybody done or seen any information about a Max OSX honeypot? I've
got a mac that's sitting around unused that I figure I'll throw to the
wolves...

I haven't seen any work porting something like sebek to osx either...

just curious...

Alva Lease 'Skip' Duckwall IV
CISSP, RHCE, SCSA
skip at duckwall d0t net

*****Disclaimer*****
This message is for the addressee only and may contain confidential or privileged information. You must delete and not
use it if you are not the intended recipient. It may not be secure or error-free. All e-mail communications to and from
the Julius Baer Group may be monitored. Processing of incoming e-mails cannot be guaranteed. Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender. This message is for information purposes only. All liability of the
Julius Baer Group and its entities for any damages resulting from e-mail use is excluded. US persons are kindly
requested to read the important legal information presented after clicking here:
http://www.juliusbaer.com/maildisclaimer