Honeypots mailing list archives

rc.firewall problem

From: "jhon nash" <j_nash79 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:05:40 +0000

Hi All,

Can any if u good souls help me with reverse firewall config? I have never configured a firewall before so plz excuse my knowledge:). I have 2 honeypots on honeynet and I want it to use 192.168.2.2 and 192.168.2.3 for honeypots and I have two public IPs say for e.g 178.2.2.21 and 178.2.2.22. I have assigned IP address 192.168.2.1 on eth1 interface which is the LAN_IFACE and it goes to uplink port of a hub to which honeypots are connected. The honeypots are using this IP i.e 192.168.2.1 as default gateway is this right? also what should be default gateway for eth1? Does the IP address assigned to eth0 i.e. the NIC which goes to the switch which connectes to external network matters or I can use any IP? Also what should be the default gateway for this IP? Finally if I want to use a DNS server from my network should I assign the IP of this DNS for e.g. 172.2.134.12 as DNS IP to all honeypots and firewall ? I will really really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks for your help.

John

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/