Honeypots mailing list archives

Release of Honeyd 0.8a

From: Niels Provos <provos () citi umich edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:49:04 -0400

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the release of Honeyd 0.8a.

This version has the following new features:

 - Management console: Using the management console it is possible to
   dynamically change Honeyd's configuration while the daemon is
   running.  In the future, this will also allow access to runtime
   stats, etc...

 - Ethernet-level network emulation: This allows each individual
   honeypot to have its own Ethernet address and allows production net
   virtual honeypots without requiring Arpd.

You can find more information about this release at

  http://www.honeyd.org/release.php?version=0.8a

You can find general information on Honeyd at:

  http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/honeyd/
  http://www.honeyd.org/

I am looking for a machine donation for regression and performance
testing of Honeyd on several different operating systems. If you are
in a position to donate a machine for this purpose, please contact me.

I would like to thank Marius Eriksen and Lance Spitzner for help
with testing this release.

Niels.

--
We are experiencing the witch hunts of the information age.
  http://www.ageofignorance.com/